Monday, May 5, 2014

write

I watch other people
and have seen myself
express dissatisfaction
and immediately look to the nearest
    bar
    bakery
    pharmacy
    dating website
    gym
    clothing store

and I think
THIS DOES NOT LAST

why are we moving away
from understanding
basic needs
and working
with what we have? why are you adding?

what in this world we’ve made
do you feel is
missing?
are you really seeing
    feeling
    appreciating
    looking at and imagining not having
what you have?

I wonder if we are exposing the addiction I have to the happiness I’ve felt with you.

I’ve asked you, in my own
way,
to join me
and you’ve not done so.

our world, the home we’ve made together-
I don’t know
why its not right (enough)
for you
I don’t know
what would be
I don’t know
if I am right
for you
I don’t know
if you will ever
learn, find, explore enough to know
what is right for you

and I’m still
not bored
not dissatisfied
- all the pieces of my happiness are still here -

I just really
wonder
if this exploration - destruction for the purpose of creation-
is worth it.

2 comments:

  1. just wanted you to know someone out here is reading and relating...in the "mmmm hmmm, you can say that again" sort of way. peace.

    ReplyDelete